Wednesday 27 April 2011

Hooters World Tour

In recent years, mostly since I started holidaying with the Daves (my friends Dave T and Dave A), I seem to have developed a liking for Hooters chicken. My first Hooters experience was in Las Vegas – well if I’m going to start I may as well start in style!

I had a perception of Hooters in my mind. And this was not really changed once I arrived. But it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. The girls were all really friendly and made sure I got in the picture with them and the boys (although I felt slightly overdressed!). With a slightly TGI feel to it the walls are adorned with sporting memorabilia, photos of famous faces with the Hooters girls and the big screens are all tuned into the sports channels. I was guided by the Daves as to what was good, although I went for the medium sauce as opposed the extra extra hot! The food is actually really nice and in true American style there is always so much of it. Hooters bills itself as ‘delightfully tacky yet unrefined’ and that it is… but in a typical OTT American good and fun way.

Hooters Las Vegas

So from this first experience in the Hooters hotel in Las Vegas the Hooters World Tour began.

Next stop on the tour was Hooters Honalulu, Hawaii. An equally fun Hooters, albeit a hot one especially with all that hot sauce going around!

Hooters Honalulu


Hooters Tenerife came next. This was a bit of a random one. We were the only people in there so it lacked the atmosphere that the previous Hooters had provided. The food was tasty but not quite as good as the norm. But we did get really good service and our waitress was very chatty and efficient (nothing to do with us being her only customers I’m sure).

Hooters Tenerife

Last year we sampled the UK’s only Hooters – Hooters Nottingham. We were reminded of the usual good atmosphere, service and food here. Being a female I was definitely in the minority in this Hooters as the majority of diners were men on birthday, stag and general boys night out type do’s. There was a lot of audience participation as the girls did their happy birthday routines to poor unsuspecting men. While the birthday boys were downing shots and squeezing into women’s sized cropped t-shirts the rest of the restaurant were encouraged to chant and clap along. Knowing that our group was not quite as loud and leery as some of the other groups we opted for a more subdued version of the birthday pack for Dave T (who birthday night out it was). A shot of JD (they had paid attention to what he was drinking), a quick rendition of happy birthday Hooters style, a photo with the girls and goody bag went down a treat!

Hooters Beer!

So if you haven’t been yet I’d recommend getting yourself along to Hooters – now which one shall I go to next??

The Hooters World Tour

1 comment:

  1. Interlaken, Switzerland. Best setting in terms of natural surroundings, and best in summer as cheaper and less crowded than ski season...weird that I know this...

    ReplyDelete