Friday 1 April 2011

The Ideal Home Show

After being bashed around on the tube by all the random mops and back rests, I thought I'd find out where everyone was getting all these random homewares from and took a trip to the Ideal Home Show last week.

The Ideal Home Show was on at Earls Court (it’s finished now though) and is ‘Britain’s best loved home event’ with areas covering: ideal Interiors, ideal Home Improvements, ideal Gardens, ideal Gadgets, ideal Food & Housewares, ideal Shopping and ideal Woman.
River boat anyone?

I like having a wander round these sort of places looking at all the lovely home and garden things (the latest home entertainment equipment, lights in all different shapes and sizes, Hawaiian garden huts, river boats and go no-where swimming pools) and planning where I will put them in my large mansion and grounds (that I get when the lottery cheque comes through that is).

The showhomes section....
Once we'd done the homeware section we moved onto the Ideal Woman section.  Now while I'd managed to avoid being lured into buying the most amazing mop, that-will-practically-cook-dinner, in the world I knew I'd be in trouble here!

I was almost suckered into the miracle hair appliance that is the curling wand. I do still want/need one of these. Even though the prices has been slashed for the show to a half price £80 I managed to walk away.

Just as I thought I'd escaped empty handed and we were on our way to the Ideal Food section I spotted the nail stand! My weakness. After having a chat with the lovely lady on the OMG Nails stand and having my nails done with some pretty nail art I succumbed, handed over my credit card and walked away with the MoYou Nail art set!


Not too bad for my first attempt!

Now I know it seems like I was lured by the sales talk and show price bargains but I do think this is something I'll use! Here is my justification:

1) I like painting my nails
2) I like a bit of nail art
3) My friends will like having their nails done
4) I estimate that I spend 2080 minutes a year painting my nails
5) I estimate the cost per use to be £3 a go or less so really it is a bargain

So I left the show feeling mixed between like I'd slightly let myself down but at the same time rather pleased I'd got a new toy to play with!

I think I'll probably try and go again next year.......

No comments:

Post a Comment