Wednesday 16 March 2011

The Social Network on DVD

So we finally got around to watching The Social Network last week and I really enjoyed it.  I thought Jesse Eisenberg was really good, obviously I don’t know Mark Zuckerberg personally so don’t know what he is actually like, but I really liked the way his character was portrayed.  The opening scene sets you up for the speed of the conversations in the film and while there is quite a lot of technical jargon (that you just accept you’re not going to understand) he also has quite a ‘straight to the point’ way of dealing with things – like when he’s up in front of the ad board (for crashing the university’s network) and he says he’s deserves some recognition rather than charges for breaching security (recognition for highlighting the security issues that is - genius).
One of his other quality and to the point lines is:
Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.
I felt sorry for Eduardo (as he seemed to get screwed over by Sean Parker) and also for Mark Zuckerberg (as he seemed to get led by Sean Parker and in the process lost his best friend) and  Sean Parker just came across as the bad guy.  However, after finding out that the film is based on the book (in which the real Eduardo Saverin was the only one to have inputted) I’m not sure how accurately the characters we played.  Either way they all became billionaires so I don’t really sorry for any of them!
My key learning from this film: I want to invent/create something that makes me a billionaire
My favourite quote from this film: (Mark Zuckerberg) “You know, you really don't need a forensics team to get to the bottom of this. If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you'd have invented Facebook. “
I’m giving The Social Network a 5 'likes' out 5!

GQZSSNKHB9SP

No comments:

Post a Comment