Friday 11 March 2011

Wall Street on DVD

First movie review!  I'm going to keep these fairly short and simple as I don't want to spoil the films.  So my friends and I watched the original Wall Street the other night (before the sequel arrives from LOVEFiLM).  I always love a good 80's film they had so many random gadgets and cutting edge technology - the sushi maker, computers with black screens and green text, Michael Douglas even popped out a portable TV with a 2 inch screen! 

Amongst all the gadgets and 80's fashion (big seemed to be the style then - big shoulders, big hair, big glasses, big phones) it was a good watch, easy to follow, not too much of a thinker but kept us entertained.  It had a good cast - Charlie Sheen was even calling himself a 'winner' back then! - and it's set us up ready for Wall Street Money Never Sleeps, which I'm hoping will be an equally good one (but with much more advanced technology).

At the end of trading Wall Street closes on a middle of the road 3 1/8 out of 5 (that's a good!)

3 word review from my friend - greedy, greedy, greedy!

1 comment: